Page Inspector provides integrated browser diagnostic tools that allow you to see where UI elements are derived from the underlying source code.
Let’s look at a very simple example. I created a new Project using the ASP.NET 4.5 to demonstrate asp.net New Feature Page Inspector
1) Right Click on solution and click on 'Page Inspector'
- There’s a lot more to the Page Inspector, such as editing the DOM elements and CSS and seeing the results, realtime.
Web Developer have to follow below steps for editing the DOM elements and CSS.
- Change DOM element in aspx page 'Step 1' in above screen shot
- Click on Message in the Page Inspector window 'Step 2' in above screen shot
- Check the updated field in the browser 'Step 3' in above screen shot.
To trace css element click on Styles and Web Developer can Modify CSS realtime, add new css property run time.
The Visual Studio 2012 Page Inspector tool is an awesome productivity enhancement functionality for web developers.It brings the entire debug experience inside Visual Studio Development environment and it’s navigation capabilities help reduce searching element , files and guess work to change elements.
#page inspector visual studio 2012
#The Magic of Visual Studio 2012 Page Inspector
#visual studio 2012 page inspector
#Debugging in Visual Studio 2012
#Visual Studio 2012